Catholic Social Services – Dothan
Emergency Assistance Program
Full Time Caseworker
Major Objective: To interview and assess clients to determine eligibility for emergency assistance/referral to other appropriate community providers.
Position Reports to: Office Director
- Interview client and review documentation to determine eligibility for emergency assistance.
- Provide client with written information on needed documentation to determine eligibility and instruct client on how to return this information in a timely manner.
- Set individualized goals for client based on needs identified during assessment.
- Document client history, expressed need, goals, and other relevant information into computerized case management system each time client is seen in the office or talked with over the telephone.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of other community resources that may be able to partner with CSS or assist with client needs.
- Return client telephone calls inquiring about services.
- Follow-up with clients by phone for up to 90 days following initial request for assistance and document progress towards goal
- With supervisor’s approval, schedule home visits for clients unable to come to agency.
- Participate in outreach efforts by providing casework services off-site at churches, community centers, and other venues.
- With written client permission, serve as an advocate or liaison with landlords, medical personnel, and other community resources to assist client with obtaining services or to resolve problematic issues.
- Attend workshops, conferences, and other training events to develop a better understanding of issues facing those we serve such as poverty, drug/alcohol addiction, and mental health issues.
- Participate in agency staff meetings.
Qualifications: Minimum of Bachelor Degree. Must successfully complete Child Protection Training and mandatory background check. Must have valid Alabama Driver’s License and have personal automobile insurance.
Submit resume to: email@example.com or mail to: P.O. Box 6184, Dothan, AL 36302 by November 15, 2020.