Employment Opportunities in the Archdiocese of Mobile
Summaries of open positions are shown below. Please click on the […] at the end of the summary to read the full description.
- Elderly Outreach Assistant – Catholic Social Services (Montgomery)August 1, 2019CATHOLIC SOCIAL SERVICES OF MONTGOMERY St. Margaret’s Services Elderly Outreach Assistant Major Objective: Assist Case Managers with outreach services to frail elderly clients and provide direct services as requested by Case Managers. Position reports to: Elderly Outreach Supervisor Employment: Full time – 35 hours per week. Must be available to work during normal operating hours of 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Responsibilities: Provides in-home services to clients to include, but not limited to, shopping, errands, and doctor appointments as requested by Supervisor. Delivers supplies from Food Pantry to clients on regular basis and helps organize Food Pantry. Maintains a caseload of clients as determined by St. Margaret’s Supervisor, mainly Level #1 and #2, placement of Level #3 clients per review by Supervisor. Provides services in accordance with St. Margaret’s Services standards. Reports unusual situations and/or concerns regarding clients promptly to Case Manager or Supervisor. Completes daily Worker Logs in timely and accurate manner reports, communicating daily as required by Supervisor. Documents all services that were provided for client(s) and complies and enters client activity in required tracking system. Participates in staff meetings and inservice education. Completes other duties as assigned St. Margaret’s Supervisor and/or Catholic Social Services Director. Qualifications: College degree; experience in outreach work; ability to work cooperatively with Click for full posting […]
- Thrift Shop Clerk/Cashier – Catholic Social Services, Robertsdale, ALJuly 11, 2019Thrift Shop Cashier/Clerk Part Time Must be a people person and self-starter. Must be able to run a register, put out merchandise, keep store organized and be able to lift 40 lbs. Must be a team player. Retail experience a plus. Shift would be 11:30 am to 4 pm – Monday to Friday. Robertsdale – Catholic Social Services – 947-2293 cssBaldwin@mobarch.org Click for full posting […]
- Case Manager – Catholic Social Services, Robertsdale, ALJuly 11, 2019Case Manager Employment: Full time – 35 hours per week 8:30 am to 4:30 pm. Major Objective: To interview and assess clients to determine eligibility for emergency assistance utilizing agency resources or refer to other appropriate community providers. Position Reports to: Director Status: Non-Exempt Responsibilities: Interview client and review documentation to determine eligibility for emergency assistance Provide client with written information on needed documentation to determine eligibility and instruct client on how to return this information in a timely manner Set individualized goals for client based on needs identified during assessment Document client history, expressed need, goals, and other relevant information into computerized case management system each time client is seen in the office or talked with over the telephone. Maintain up to date knowledge of other community resources that may be able to partner with CSS or assist with client needs Return client telephone calls inquiring about services. Follow-up with clients by phone for up to 90 days following initial request for assistance and document progress towards goal With supervisor’s approval, schedule home visits for clients unable to come to agency Participate in outreach efforts by providing casework services off-site at churches, community centers, and other venues With written client permission, serve as an advocate or liaison with landlords, medical personnel, and other community resources to assist Click for full posting […]
- Emergency Assistance Case Worker- Full TimeJuly 3, 2019Catholic Social Services of Montgomery Emergency Assistance Case Worker Position Reports to: Emergency Assistance Program Manager Employment: Full time – 35 hours per week. Must be available to work during normal operating hours of 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Major Objective: Interview and assess individuals and families to determine eligibility for emergency assistance utilizing agency resources or by making appropriate referrals to other community, state, and federal agencies. Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree in the field of social science or education. Candidate must possess above-average communication skills. Must have a valid Alabama driver’s License and have personal automobile insurance coverage. Travel within Montgomery County may be required. Candidate must successfully complete the Archdiocesan Child Protection Training and background check. Responsibilities: Conduct client intake and assessment; determine eligibility for emergency assistance. Encourage and assist clients to participate in setting goals and evaluating progress towards increased self-sufficiency. Develop knowledge of existing community, state, and federal agency programs that may address client needs. Build and maintain positive relationships with other service providers. Conduct home visits to provide intake and assessment meetings for those clients unable to come to the office. Document and maintain up-to-date client information, services provided, or referrals made. Advocate on behalf of Click for full posting […]
- Administrative Assistant – Catholic Social ServicesJuly 1, 2019Administrative Assistant Catholic Social Services Mobile Position reports to: Executive Director FLSA Status: Part-time, Non-exempt Major Objective: Performing administrative duties for the Executive Director Qualifications: Bachelor’s level degree in social services or related field. Must possess excellent oral and written communication skills. Must be proficient in Microsoft Office and Excel software. Possess ability to work well with all levels of internal management staff as well as outside individuals and groups in a manner that is reflective of the Christian philosophy of Catholic Social Services. Computer proficient in all Microsoft Office products. Must have a valid Alabama driver’s License and use of personal insured vehicle. Candidate must successfully complete Archdiocesan Child Protection Training and background check. Preferred candidate will have at least one-year experience supervising other personnel/volunteers. Demonstrate sensitivity to confidential matters. Responsibilities: Organizes and maintain files and records for multiple programs/projects. Prepares Statistical data reports for various programs. Prepares an edits correspondence, reports, and presentations. Assists with special project coordination by developing, administering, and promoting specific projects as requested. Processes requisition and purchases program supplies. Recruits, trains, and supervises volunteers for specific program tasks. Assists with making bank deposits. Public Click for full posting […]