Employment: Full time – 35 hours per week 8:30 am to 4:30 pm.
Major Objective: To interview and assess clients to determine eligibility for emergency assistance utilizing agency resources or refer to other appropriate community providers.
Position Reports to: Director
- Interview client and review documentation to determine eligibility for emergency assistance
- Provide client with written information on needed documentation to determine eligibility and instruct client on how to return this information in a timely manner
- Set individualized goals for client based on needs identified during assessment
- Document client history, expressed need, goals, and other relevant information into computerized case management system each time client is seen in the office or talked with over the telephone.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of other community resources that may be able to partner with CSS or assist with client needs
- Return client telephone calls inquiring about services.
- Follow-up with clients by phone for up to 90 days following initial request for assistance and document progress towards goal
- With supervisor’s approval, schedule home visits for clients unable to come to agency
- Participate in outreach efforts by providing casework services off-site at churches, community centers, and other venues
- With written client permission, serve as an advocate or liaison with landlords, medical personnel, and other community resources to assist client with obtaining services or to resolve problematic issues.
- Attend workshops, conferences, and other training events to develop a better understanding of issues facing those we serve such as poverty, drug/alcohol addiction, and mental health issues
- Participate in agency staff meetings
Qualifications: Minimum of Bachelor Degree in Social Work or Education. Preferred candidate will have above average communication skills. Must successfully complete Child Protection Training and mandatory background check. Must have valid Alabama Driver’s License and have personal automobile insurance.
Contact Catholic Social Services in Robertsdale, AL 251-947-2293
Send Resumes to email@example.com .