Catholic Social Services of Montgomery
Emergency Assistance Case Worker
Position Reports to: Emergency Assistance Program Manager
Employment: Full time – 35 hours per week. Must be available to work during normal operating hours of 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
Major Objective: Interview and assess individuals and families to determine eligibility for emergency assistance utilizing agency resources or by making appropriate referrals to other community, state, and federal agencies.
Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree in the field of social science or education. Candidate must possess above-average communication skills. Must have a valid Alabama driver’s License and have personal automobile insurance coverage. Travel within Montgomery County may be required. Candidate must successfully complete the Archdiocesan Child Protection Training and background check.
- Conduct client intake and assessment; determine eligibility for emergency assistance.
- Encourage and assist clients to participate in setting goals and evaluating progress towards increased self-sufficiency.
- Develop knowledge of existing community, state, and federal agency programs that may address client needs.
- Build and maintain positive relationships with other service providers.
- Conduct home visits to provide intake and assessment meetings for those clients unable to come to the office.
- Document and maintain up-to-date client information, services provided, or referrals made.
- Advocate on behalf of clients to obtain services or resolve problematic issues.
- Provide regular reports of casework activities, progress, and concerns to supervisor.
- Attend trainings, webinars, program meetings, and staff meetings.
Send resume to: email@example.com by July 31st, 2019 or mail to 4455 Narrow Lane Road, Montgomery, AL 36116