Catholic Social Services
Disability Ministries Case Worker/Advocate
Reports To: Executive Director FLSA Status: Part-time, Non-exempt
Major Function: Within the Archdiocese of Mobile ensures full inclusion of persons with disabilities in the church, and its related activities.
Qualifications: Preferred candidate holds a Bachelor of Arts in Special Education or related field, plus one-year experience working with persons with disabilities including, mobility limitations, cognitive impairments, severe emotional conditions, hearing or visual impairment, and serious medical conditions. Ability to independently plan and organize ministry activities with a minimum of supervision. Must have valid Alabama Driver’s License and insured automobile to be used for business purposes. Must be able to work occasional evenings and weekends. Candidate must successfully complete Mandatory Child Protection Training and background checks.
- Promote full inclusion of persons with disabilities in every aspect of the Church by building awareness through education and activities.
- Provide Pastoral care for people who live in group homes and institutions or who live at private homes independently or with their families.
- Understand and respond to the needs of people with disabilities and advocate for proper care.
- Plan and execute social gatherings, retreats and activities for a Peer Support Group with persons with disabilities and their families.
- Provide transportation to medical appointments and Disability Ministry events when necessary.
- Act as a consultant to appropriate Archdiocesan committees on matters pertaining to accessibility.
- Offer workshops and other training to varied audiences on disability issues and challenges
- Responsible for providing monthly statistical report
Send resume to email@example.com by June 30th, 2019 or mail to 188 S. Florida Street, Mobile, AL 36606