Major Objective: To interview and assess clients to determine eligibility for emergency assistance/referral to other appropriate community providers .Position Reports to: Emergency Assistance Director Status: Non-Exempt
- Interview client and review documentation to determine eligibility for emergency assistance
- Provide client with written information on needed documentation to determine eligibility and instruct client on how to return this information in a timely manner
- Set individualized goals for client based on needs identified during assessment
- Document client history, expressed need, goals, and other relevant information into computerized case management system each time client is seen in the office or talked with over the telephone.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of other community resources that may be able to partner with CSS or assist with client needs
- Return client telephone calls inquiring about services.
- Follow-up with clients by phone for up to 90 days following initial request for assistance and document progress towards goal
- With supervisor’s approval, schedule home visits for clients unable to come to agency
- Participate in outreach efforts by providing casework services off-site at churches, community centers, and other venues
- With written client permission, serve as an advocate or liaison with landlords, medical personnel, and other community resources to assist client with obtaining services or to resolve problematic issues.
- Attend workshops, conferences, and other training events to develop a better understanding of issues facing those we serve such as poverty, drug/alcohol addiction, and mental health issues
- Participate in agency staff meetings
Qualifications: Minimum of Bachelor Degree in Social Work and license eligible. Preferred candidate will have current license and one year of case work experience. Must successfully complete Child Protection Training and mandatory background check. Must have valid Alabama Driver’s License and have personal automobile insurance.
Resume to email@example.com by June 15th, 2019 or mail to 188 S. Florida Street, Mobile,